(Frequently Asked Questions)

What time does school start?

School starts at 8:00 AM. Don't be late! Traffic is usually heaviest just before 8:00 AM.


What Are the School's Hours?

8:00 AM to 2:05 PM. Students should not arrive on campus before 7:40, and should be picked up at dismissal by 2:20 PM. There are also Late Fees charged for students picked up after the dismissal time "window". See below for details:


What is the School's Address and Phone Number?

The school's address is: 6590 Verde Trail, Boca Raton, FL. 33433 Our main phone number is (561) 218-5840.
If you need directions, please go to our Verde Maps page.


What do I need in order to register my child?

In Palm Beach County the Rule is: No Shots - No School No Kidding!! It's The Law!!! If your child is new to the Palm Beach County School District, you will need to meet the following requirements: * Palm Beach County Registration Form * Original Birth Certificate (a copy will be made and the original returned to you) * Current Physical Examination -- recorded on yellow form DH3040 and dated within 1 year of registration date * Immunization Records Up to Date -- recorded on blue card DH 680 and include completed Hepatitis BV Series, DPT/DT, Polio, and MMR * Student's Social Security Card * Proof of Residency within our attendance area. Two current forms are required, such as a utility bill, lease agreement, etc. and must be in parent or guardian's name. Driver's license and/or checks cannot be accepted as proof of residency. If your child is transferring from another school within the Palm Beach County School District, you probably already have most of the work done. A member of our Office Staff will be happy to assist you. You may also click on the link for Enrollment for additional information.


What is the school's attendance policy?

The School Board of Palm Beach County has established the following policy pertaining to School Attendance. We fully enforce this policy at Verde Elementary School. School attendance is the direct responsibility of parents/guardians and students. All students are expected to attend school regularly and to be on time for classes in order to benefit from the instructional program and to develop habits of punctuality, self-discipline, and responsibility. It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians of each student to justify the absence of the student. The justification will be evaluated based on the adopted School Board definition of "excused" and "unexcused" absences. An excused absence is: * Student illness-If a student is continually sick and repeatedly absent from school, he or she must be under the supervision of a physician in order to receive an excused absence * Medical appointment * Death in the family * Observance of a religious holiday or service that is recognized as such by all members of the faith * Subpoena by law enforcement agency or mandatory court appearance * Other individual student absences beyond the control of the parent or student, as determined and approved by the Principal. An unexcused absence is any absence that does not fall into one of the above excused absence categories. Any and all absences require that the student bring a written note to school from a parent or guardian explaining the absence.


My child needs medication during school hours. What should I do?

If for any reason your child is in need of any type of medication during school hours, it is required that the medication be transported to and from school by an adult, accompanied by a Physician's Authorization Form. This includes cough drops, aspirin, topical applications, prescription drugs and over the counter remedies. This form must have the physician's signature, your signature, and an accompanying photograph of your child. Once the child has stopped taking the medication at school, and there is medication left in the container, an adult must transport the medication from school. The child cannot take medications home. Please contact our School Nurse at 218-5844 for additional information, or click on the link for Health Services.


What If My Child Gets Sick at School?

The teacher will send the child to the school nurse and she will call you, if necessary. It is essential that we have up to date emergency contact information for the parents all year long. You can call our School Nurse directly at 218-5844. At the beginning of the school year, a Student Emergency Health and Safety Information Card is sent home with the registration. Please complete it and return to school as soon as possible !!!


Is There an After School Care Program?

A School-Age Child Care program is offered beginning with the first day of school. Space is limited, so anyone who is interested should come into the SACC office to inquire about availability. Please contact the SACC office directly at 218-5852 for details, or visit the CHILD CARE web page.


What is the Cost of A School Lunch?

Lunch costs $1.25 per day. An account will be set up for your child so that you can pre-pay for lunches by the week, month, or longer. Some children bring their lunches and purchase milk or juice for $.30. Dessert items and snacks are available at various additional costs.


What if I Need to Make Transportation Changes?

If you know in advance, please send a written note to the teacher. If you have to make emergency changes during the school day, please contact the office BEFORE 1:30 PM. If your child does not ride the bus, please do not send a request to have your child ride the bus with a friend.


Is There a Dress Code?

It is the consensus of our faculty, staff and School Advisory Council that students come to school more focused upon learning when they are neatly and appropriately dressed. VERDE has established rules which can be seen by clicking on the "Dress Code" link here, or on the school web page.


Is there a list of book titles available for Accelerated Reader?

Yes! There is a list of over 4000 Accelerated Reader book titles, arranged by reading level, available for viewing or printing on our web page. You may either click the button for Accelerated Reader Book List on the home page, or CLICK HERE.
If you print part of the list, be sure to select a portion of the list, and only print that part -- if not, it is 100 pages long!


How can my child access WEBCAT when he or she is not in school?

You may access WEBCAT from any computer with internet access by clicking this link: WEBCAT