Early Childhood Teacher Education Academy
- Elementary and Secondary Teacher
- Child Psychologist
- Social Worker
- Daycare Center Owner
- Speech Pathologist
- Physical Therapist
- Guidance Counselor
- Teacher's Aide
- School-Age Child Care Counselor
- School-Age Child Care Activity Leader
- Child Development Associate
- Preschool Teacher
There are few careers as rewarding
as teaching. The Santaluces program
offers a broad range of experiences
in which students: thrive in our learning labs; interview and attend workshops with principles, school psychologists, directors of day care centers; obtain their observation hours in our pre-school, area pre-schools and local elementary schools. Our program produces the best and brightest teachers who are prepared to enter either college or the workforce.— knowing that THEY are competitive and have the experience to be successful.
Scholarships and Career Opportunities
- Gain Licensure/ certification through the Florida Department of Children and Families. - Attain "advanced standing" at local public and private post-secondary institutions as established through our articulation agreements. - Qualify for bright futures/ Florida Department of Education Vocational Gold Seal Scholarship~ 75% Tuition (additional academic requirements must be satisfied) - Earn the Florida Department of Children and Families 40 Hour Child Care Training Certificate. - Earn the high school equivalent of the Child Development Associate Certificate (ECPC) and the Florida Department of Education Early Childhood Education Certificate of Completion.
What Is This Academy? This unique, four– year vocational and College Preparatory Program of study is designed to prepare high school students for entry into post–secondary education majoring in Early Childhood and Teacher Education, as well as direct entry into a related child care career after high school. Students in this program can gain "handson" experience in the Little Chiefs Preschool, local learning centers and elementary schools.
Who is eligible to apply?
- All students entering the 9th or 10th grade during the next school year who have a 2.5 or better GPA.
What will I get out of the program?
- Teaching skills
- Develop a resume' and job portfolio that contains real-life experience.
- Meet and develop relationships with teachers and other educators.
- Scholarship opportunities.
- State Licensure to work with children.
If Santaluces is not my home school, how
will I get there?
- CHOICE students outside of the Santaluces High School boundaries areeligible for free transportation provided by the School District of Palm Beach County.
How do I apply?
A completed CHOICE application must be submitted by the deadline to the District.