Agenda Item #27
AC2-Lease Agreement Acts 2 Worship Center Alternative To Suspension Site
This contract is written to provide students recommended for out of school suspension the option to attend school at an Alternative to Suspension site. There they receive interim educational services in a safe, structured environment that reinforces traditional academic concepts as well as character education and career exploration skills.
Program benefits include:
* The opportunity for students to continue their academic momentum without being penalized.
* Offers social and emotional skill building opportunities in addition to job seeking and interviewing skills.
* Allows students to receive full credit for attendance.
* Provides an academic curriculum that includes FCAT preparation for strategic reading, mathematics and writing.
* Parents/guardian are required to attend an Orientation Session for registration including program rules and requirements.
* The term of this lease shall be from the effective date until June 15, 2009 The term shall be automatically renewed unless both Parties agree in writing to the renewal at least 90 days notice prior to the next renewal date.
I recommend the School Board approve the Lease Agreement between the School Board of Palm Beach County and the Acts 2 Worship Center of Loxahatchee for use of classroom space at the building, located at 1300 Okeechobee Blvd., Loxahatchee, Florida.
Janice CoverGlenn Heyward
The financial impact will be one dollar ($1.00) to the operating budget per year.
Attachment: Data Panel - Acts II.doc
Attachment: ACTS 2 ATOSS Lease Checklist 2008-09-22-165206.pdf
Attachment: Acts 2 ATOSS Lease Final.pdf