|School Board Meeting 04-17-13 at 5pm|
Agenda Item #42
PR3- Boca Raton High School/First Baptist Church Lease Renewal
- On April 18, 2012, the School Board approved the Lease (Renewal) Agreement between First Baptist Church of Boca Raton and the School Board for the utilization of classroom and office space for Boca Raton Community High School's (BRCHS) Adult Education ESOL program. (Exhibit "A")
- BRCHS ESOL program has been housed at First Baptist Church for the past 12 years.
- BRCHS has a continuing need for classroom and office space for its Adult Education ESOL program during the school day.
- The Church has the available classroom space to continue to accommodate the BRCHS Adult Education ESOL program.
- The Lease Agreement shall commence July 1, 2013 and terminate June 30, 2015 (24 months).
- The premises being leased consist of seven (7) classrooms and one additional room to be utilized as an office located within the east wing of the Church's education building.
- The total rent for the 24 months is $57,312.00, which reflects no rental increase from the previous lease term.
- The School District of Palm Beach County's Adult Education Department allocates funds received by the State of Florida Workforce Development Agency to BRCHS Adult Education program for the annual rent, which shall be paid monthly in the amount of $2,388.00.
- The premises have been inspected and approved by the School District's Environmental and Conservation Services Department.
I recommend the School Board approve the renewal of the Lease Agreement between First Baptist Church of Boca Raton, Inc. located at 2350 NW Yamato Road, Boca Raton, FL. and the School Board of Palm Beach County for use of classroom and office space for Boca Raton High School ESOL Program within in the church; and authorize the Chairman and the Superintendent to sign all necessary documents.
Kristin Garrison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The amount of $57,312.00 will be provided by State of Florida's Workforce Development funds for Adult Education, which will have no impact to the K-12 Budget.
Attachment: Lease Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Beneficial Interest.pdf