|School Board Meeting 04-17-13 at 5pm|
Agenda Item #40
PR1- Riviera Beach Community Chapel Post Closing Occupancy Agreement Seventh Amendment
- On January 23, 2008 the School Board approved the Post-Closing Occupancy Agreement for the Riviera Beach Community Chapel located at 3031 Avenue "I", Riviera Beach that will be a part of the New Riviera Beach Area High School (02-MMM) on the future expanded site of former Suncoast High School.
- The School Board has previously approved six (6) Amendments to the Post-Closing Occupancy Agreement extending the Chapel's use of the facility through June 30, 2013.
- The Chapel would like to retain the use of the existing property for two(2) additional years through June 30, 2015 in order to provide continuous service to the neightborhood.
- Riviera Beach Community Capel is a strong and important part of the Community. The Chapel provides free day care and after school care for the single parents and needy families in this Community. Without the Chapel's assistance many of the parents would not be able to work. The Chapel provides transportation for the sick, school supplies and clothing to those in need, financial help to the poor and spiritual and physical assistance to those that need help.
- This does not impact the schedule for 02-MMM as that project has been postponed due to a lack of funding.
- The 2012-2013 work plan shows 02-MMM is scheduled beyond the 2013-2017 Five Year Plan.
I recommend the School Board approve a Seventh Amendment to the Post-Closing Occupancy Agreement for Riviera Beach Community Chapel located at 3031 Avenue "I", Riviera Beach, adjacent to the former Suncoast High School Campus as herein described; and authorize the Superintendent and chairman to sign all necessary documents.
Kristin Garrison (email@example.com)
The financial impact to the Capital Project's Fund Budget is a positive $36,000.00 per year.
Attachment: Seventh Amendment to Post-Closing Occupancy Agreement.pdf
Attachment: Beneficial Interest and Disclosure Affidavit.pdf